The first professional hockey team in Victoria was named the Senators. The team played under this name for their first two seasons but were more often just called the Victoria hockey team. The team operated under this name from 1913-1914 to 1915-1916 until the team moved to Spokane as the Canaries because the Victoria hockey rink was commandeered for the war effort. The team returned to Victoria for the 1918-19 season as the Victoria Aristocrats. The team changed its name to Cougars at the start of the 1922-1923 season and continued in operation until the end of the 1925-1926 season. This is the team that won the Stanley Cup in 1925, the last non-NHL team to do so, as well as the last winner from British Columbia.
Professional hockey in Victoria